Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me
Nobody Likes Me
Everybody Hates Me
The Top 25 Friendship Problems and How to Solve Them ($14.95)
by Michele Borba, Ed.D.
- Do you wish your kid had more friends or could keep the ones she has?
- Is teasing, gossiping, bullying, or cyber-bullying a problem?
- Is she often left out or rejected by other kids?
- Does he just follow the crowd? Are you concerned about his friends?
- Does she complain that she’s unpopular or that nobody likes her?
- Are you at a loss for how to help your child handle those play dates, sleepovers, being shy, too sensitive, too competitive, or having a bad reputation?
Nobody Likes Me shows how to teach your child the 25 most essential friendship-building skills kids need to find, make, and keep friends, as well as survive that social pressure from peers.
Why Friendship Matters.
- 15 Essential Skills That Friends Help Friends Acquire.
- Why Are Kids Having Friendship Problems Today?
- Ten Reasons Why Our Kids Are Having a Friendship Crisis.
- How Strong Are Your Child’s Friendship Skills?
- The Friendship-Building Skills Quiz.
- How to Use This Book to Teach Your Child Friendship-Building Skills.
- Friendship Issues and Friendship-Building Skills.
- Six Steps to Teaching Your Child New Friendship-Building Skills.
- 25 Friendship Issues and Friendship Skill Builders.
- The Ten Worst Things Parents Can Do for Their Children’s Social Lives.
Friendship Begins at Home.
- How to Organize a Playgroup.
- Basic Playgroup Dynamics.
- Getting Started.
- Arranging a Schedule.
- How to Arrange Play Dates.
- Solving the Most Common Play Date Problems.
- Friendship Activities for Older Kids.
- Kids with Similar Interests.
- Groups with Similar Interests.
- Potential Clubs and Group Activities.
- Travel Programs.
- Helping Your Child Be a Good Host.
- What You Should Do When Kids Come to Your House.
- Be Sure to Have the Right Supplies.
- Set Clear House Rules.
- Address Discipline Problems Effectively.
- Friendship Skill Builder Books.
The Top 25 Friendship Problems and How to Solve Them.
- 1. Argues.
- 2. Bad Friends.
- 3. Bad Reputation.
- 4. Bossy.
- 5. Bullied and Harassed.
- 6. Cliques.
- 7. Clueless.
- 8. Different.
- 9. Doesn’t Share.
- 10. Fights.
- 11. Gossips.
- 12. Hot Tempered.
- 13. Insensitive.
- 14. Jealous and Resentful.
- 15. Left Out.
- 16. New Kid.
- 17. Peer Pressure.
- 18. Shy.
- 19. Siblings.
- 20. Sleepovers.
- 21. Tattletale.
- 22. Teased.
- 23. Tiffs and Breakups.
- 24. Too Competitive.
- 25. Too Sensitive.
Jossey-Bass/Wiley 2005 Paperback (320 pages)